How to enter a bill you have received and need to pay
- Select the + New button from your purchases dashboard. This will take you to a New Bill page
- Enter the name of the supplier. As you start typing Xero will suggest a list of existing contacts to select from.
- Enter the date of the bill and the date that the bill is due for payment
- Enter a reference for the invoice. This field is optional but it is a handy way to clearly see what the bill is for e.g. the invoice number and a brief description of the bill
- Attach a file to your bill by dragging and dropping it on to the screen. This is a handy way to store a digital copy of your bills and any relevant supplier contracts.
- Enter the bill details: item, price, account, tax and any tracking details.
- Choose the applicable tax treatment for the bill, in other words how tax will be calculated and displayed on the bill using the ‘Amounts are’ list.
- When your bill is entered select the green Approve button on the right hand side. You will now be able to access your bill from the Awaiting Payment tab of your purchases dashboard
Update date: 20 October 2014